Get to the point & repeatable research routine
About This Episode
"Stop telling stories and get to the point!" We also address a 5-step process you can use to conduct research regularly.
⤵ Scroll down to see LINKS related to or mentioned in this episode ⤵
Use pen and paper when you're stuck
- Helps you be more productive and creative
- Get away from your computer and try different tools
Stop telling stories and get to the point
- Long stories aren't always a good thing!
- The power of story is the biggest opportunity for businesses and content
- People want to know the big idea and the main point
- Stories are more persuasive when the main idea is FIRST
- Michael Hague and Christopher Voguler talk about this in their classes
- Include the conclusion FIRST
- Add the backstory at the end
How to research
- Find a book that you really like
- Look at the references and get those books
- Look at the references again
- Rinse and Repeat!